Week In Review – The Corona Chronicles Part 57

The second week of term and although still tiring, at least I was feeling a bit better adjusted to the shape of my day and pretty much back into my routine. Obviously I continued to run each day (still not letting that streak go!) and made time for yoga each evening, but I was also pleased to get a couple of workouts back in there too:

Monday – 3.5 miles + home yoga
Tuesday – 4.5 miles + living room workout + home yoga
Wednesday – 5 miles + home yoga
Thursday – 4.5 miles + living room workout + home yoga
Friday – 4 miles + home yoga
Saturday – (not)parkrun sandwich
Sunday – 10 miles

I don’t know about you, but I just don’t know where the weekends keep disappearing to! Just like that, another Monday came around. Although tough to get up early, I was treated to a beautiful sunrise as I set off on my run and I had good fun getting the latest scavenger hunt underway

I actually had quite a good day. There was a brief window of opportunity for me to get on top of one or two tasks so it felt productive, and by the tIme I was heading out it felt quite mild so I decided to take a quick walk with Steve before dinner. Sadly no yoga class this evening, but I did a Yoga with Adriene video instead so as not to miss out.

Our evening mainly consisted of watching Line of Duty (another huge cliffhanger!) then I read a bit of my book before bed.

For my Tuesday run I opted to head into town and around the bridges, this time taking in the view of the river from across a park.

After work I really tried to get home a bit sharper, but right now it’s far too easy to “just do this one more thing”. Still, I was conscious of not having any workouts the week before so I asked Steve if he could come up with something quick but effective (knowing full well I would come to regret it!). The result was an upper body workout designed to fatigue my arms with a resistance band exercise followed immediately by press ups. I headed off to do some yoga afterwards and had a hard time holding my arms out in Warrior 2 for very long!

We were in need of something new to watch so I capitalised on our recent viewing of the original Karate Kid movies with starting up Cobra Kai. My goodness! I was hooked from the start with so many callbacks to the movies. With the episodes being so short it would be really easy to binge them all really quickly, so I’m trying to limit myself to 2 per evening.

The temperatures dropped again overnight and it was back down around freezing when I got up for my Wednesday run. Fortunately I had checked the forecast the night before when I was laying out my kit so had left out leggings otherwise I might have been a bit chilly. As it turned out, I had quite a pleasant run as even though it was cold, sunrise is early now so it was clear and bright.

Another long day at work brought me home a bit later so it was a lateral flow test and then straight off to do some yoga while I waited to confirm the result (still negative, phew!). I was so glad to settle down for the evening with dinner, a couple more episodes of Cobra Kai and a bit more reading. As a treat, we had homemade dumpling since Steve had called around to his aunt to drop off a birthday card and been sent away with some. Yum!

Thursday morning was still chilly so it was leggings again for my run. It felt so strange to have such low temps, especially when even on my early runs it’s now daylight and later in the day it’s actually really mild. I’m really looking forward to those mornings which should hopefully be coming soon when the air feels fresh but you can feel that it’s going to be warm.

With my working day done (the work itself is NEVER done!) I had some errands on the way home. I needed petrol and since the petrol station I prefer is at the retail park I combined that with picking up a few bits and pieces I was needing, including some things for the kitties who are about to turn 3. When did they get so grown up?

Once in the door Steve asked if I wanted a workout and I agreed to a similar session to the Tuesday. My poor arms! Luckily for me my yoga session right after didn’t call for much from my arms so I didn’t notice the after effects in quite the same way.

Once again my evening consisted of a couple of episodes of Cobra Kai and a little reading before bed. I’m so tired in the evenings now that I’m back at work that I fall asleep very quickly once in bed so if I want to read more than a couple of pages it will need to be before bed!

Miraculously the temperature had risen just enough to no longer have a minus in the actual or feels like on the Friday morning, and that was enough for me to go right back to my shorts again. It being the end of the work week I was feeling tired so a simple out and back at an easy pace was perfect to wake me up and get me ready for the day.

That day was actually quite productive – and not just with work stuff! Since we can’t gather in our base to eat right now, I’ve been reading whilst I eat lunch in my classroom (my Kindle works best for this). I had been hoping to finish my book the night before and hadn’t quite made it, but my lunchtime reading was enough to get me there. I know I’ve mentioned this series before as I’m really enjoying it. They are set in St Andrews, not far from where I work, and so many references are familiar. This one even included a scene at parkrun!

When I arrived home (a good 20 minutes earlier than usual – it was Friday after all!) I took advantage of the lighter evenings so go for a quick walk with Steve and get a bit of fresh air. It was then time for a little yoga (with my faithful “yoga cat” by my side) before dinner.

I thought I should probably let Steve choose a movie and he opted for Page Eight. I’d never heard of it but it had a stellar cast and was quite entertaining. My only issue was the main character was played by BIll Nighy and I can never see him as anyone other than BIlly Mack from Love Actually haha!

By the end of the movie I was actually starting to fall asleep in my chair so we headed to bed quite early.

After a good sleep I began a restful Saturday with some reading in bed then got ready to run. Fortunately still shorts weather and actually I think we’re now reaching that tricky weather where a long sleeved top is ideal for the start of a run but a T-shirt is looking much more appealing by the end. I may have to revert to following the mantra, “be bold, start cold” to try and get it right!

Sadly another gap in the broadcast of This Is Us so I opted instead for an episode of Cobra Kai and was rewarded with another nostalgic trip down memory lane. My sister has said on a number of occasions that this show is the best revival ever and the more I watch the more I agree with her.

I also wanted to get a little work done as the next few weeks are going to be packed as we gather our assessment evidence as part of the approach to replace this year’s cancelled exams. Usually I try not to work at the weekend since I do so much during the week, but sometimes it’s unavoidable. But once done with the task I had set myself for the day, I was rewarded with my usual Saturday habits of a Disney quiz and a couple of episodes of The Crown before heading off for a bath. I even managed to fit in another episode of Cobra Kai between my bath and the start of Casualty so I was pleased about that.

However I still felt super tired (I don’t think I’m drinking enough thanks to always having my mask on and really need to make a more conscious effort to sip on my water during the work day) so went to bed quite sharp. I was enjoying my book (the next one in the series I had finished that morning) but fell asleep really quickly. Mind you, it was probably the best sleep I had all week and I woke up feeling refreshed when the “cat alarm” went off and I had to get up to sort out breakfast for the kitties. I then enjoyed some reading time with a cup of tea in bed – such a nice start to the day and the busier work gets the more I appreciate the time I can relax with a book.

I planned a fairly standard 10 mile run but with the sun out I think I made a similar kit error to the day before as it felt much warmer than the temperature suggested. Oh well, still good training for any warmer weather we get this summer.

Of course the rest of the day was standard Sunday fare: food shopping, lateral flow test, afternoon hot cross buns whilst watching a tv programme (we decided to start the latest series of The Syndicate), the rest of the work I had brought home and planned for my Sunday afternoon, then a chance to relax with a few vlogs before dinner – even the kitties enjoyed a bit of relaxation!

I finished up the day with a bath where I watched the final episode of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. The series was no WandaVision but I still enjoyed it and am really looking forward to Loki starting in a few weeks.

And with that, another week drew to a close with the promise of another busy week ahead.

How is your running going right now?
What have you been watching on tv?

5 thoughts on “Week In Review – The Corona Chronicles Part 57

  1. My running is going well. I signed up for the Air Force half marathon, which will be in September. It will be my first HM! Started my training plan today. We’ll see how it goes. The plan is 15 weeks long and the HM is 20 weeks away, so I can repeat a week or two if I need to. I’m excited and apprehensive.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. I started watching the Pizza boys after you recommended it- it’s a nice escape at the moment. I am leaning towards things that are not too taxing- I do like House of Games with a cup of tea when I get home from work.
    It must be tough wearing a mask all day- we only have to wear them in communal areas/ at start time and home time. I could totally see that it would be much harder to keep on sipping water during the day. (Although I do really think that it is best to be safe, and that we should be a bit stricter on wearing them inside- I don’t think it hinders the children at all- they can still hear me perfectly well during the times that I do have to wear one…).

    Liked by 1 person

    • Ah I’m glad you’re enjoying Pizza Boys. It’s perfect viewing for right now.
      I actually don’t mind the masks all day too much, in fact I was wearing mine full-time before we were required to. It makes me feel a bit safer when everyone (including all our pupils) are wearing theirs all the time in addition to having the lateral flow tests now.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.