Having never been nominated for any blog awards before, I’m honoured to have started 2018 with two nominations. Back in January I was nominated for the Liebster Award and now, the Versatile Blogger Award. Awesome!
So I’ll start by thanking Debra at Away in Autumn for her lovely nomination. I hadn’t come across this particular award before and her nomination also introduced me to her blog which I have enjoyed taking a look at. Thanks Debra. It’s always so nice to hear that others get enjoyment from my posts.
The Versatile Blogger Award was created to celebrate blogs who have unique content, strong writing, and beautiful images or photographs. There are 3 rules: thank the person who has nominated you and share the link to their blog (as a courtesy), share 7 facts about yourself, and nominate ten blogs you love.
So here are my 7 facts:
- I only took up running in my late 20s. Until 2009 I believed anything over 5k was too far for me and that only superhumans could run marathons. After 11 marathons, I’ve definitely changed my mind!
- I learned to play the violin at school and took it up again a few years ago as I wanted to join a local orchestra.
- I read every single day and have always done so.
- My favourite book is “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen.
- I am a high school English teacher, but originally went to university to study languages. I have always found more logic in words than numbers.
- I don’t have a full range of motion in my left elbow following a childhood fracture. I’ve lived more of my life with it like that than without and have learned to adapt.
- I love drinking tea.
And now the blogs I would like to nominate:
I encourage you to check them out if you haven’t already.