If you’ve not come across it before, the Liebster Award is a great way of connecting with other bloggers and giving a little blog-love to those whose work you enjoy reading. I’ve not taken part in anything like this before so am excited to get involved.
So what do I have to do? It turns out it’s pretty straightforward:
- Link to the Official Rules in your Liebster Award blog post.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer (ideally unique and creative ones).
- Comment on the Official Rules post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award. This collates all the posts in one place to make them easier to find.
The questions I got from My Anxiety Matters are:
- Three words to describe your blog.
Running, yoga, food!
- What would you name your boat if you had one?
Since Boaty McBoatface is taken, I’d go for something that captures my passions a bit more. I’m fairly certain I was born in the wrong time and place (I would have loved 1920s Paris) so I would call my boat La Parisienne. I’ve never sailed though and all I can think of right now is that episode of Friends where Rachel tries to teach Joey…😂
- Five positive words to describe you.
Optimistic. Caring. Energetic. Springy. Determined.
- The most interesting thing you’ve read/seen this week?
As a parkrun aficionado, the most interesting thing I’ve seen this week is this statistic about New Year’s Day:
Yes, I was one of them!
- Favourite joke/pun?
I’m one of those people who can NEVER remember any jokes. Except this one which nobody else ever finds funny apart from me. I’ll not put “comedian” on my CV then 🙄
Two elephants fell off a cliff…BOOM BOOM!!
- They’re creating a film (movie) of your life, who plays you?
If it could be anyone from any time then I would have to say Audrey Hepburn. But if we’re talking someone more current, then I’m going to choose Idina Menzel. Why? Because the movie of my life would have to be a musical (oh I do enjoy musicals!) and I would love to be played by the talented actress behind Elphaba (Wicked) and Elsa (Frozen)!
- Favourite blog post you’ve read today & would recommend?
I’m going to keep it in the family here. My sister has just started a new blog all about her experiences in Disney (she has been a cast member in more than one capacity) and I loved her post offering tips to get the most out of a runDisney experience. If you love running or Disney then I recommend taking a look.
- As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I don’t really remember having a particularly fixed idea of what I would like to be, but I do remember fancying myself a princess (some things never change!) or a superhero (maybe that explains why I love to see myself as Wonder Woman lol!). Clearly I set realistic goals for myself as a child 😂
- Positive motto for 2018?
Can I have this one?
2018 is The Year of Me and I want to focus on things that add value to my life rather than things that create stress, so Hakuna Matata sounds fitting (and should really be everyone’s motto!).
- Your top tip for finding blog-spiration?
Engage. Engage with other blogs and podcasts, engage with nature and engage your brain. I definitely get some of my best ideas when I’m out on a long run, so take a bit of time to clear your head and get outside – you’ll be surprised what you come up with while you’re out!
And now for my nominations (*drumroll*):
- Running on Espresso
- Adventures by Linsey
- Early Bird Runner
- Tartan Jogger
- Maria Runs
- Anna The Apple
- The Right Fits
- Pip In Motion
- Running Bean
And my questions to pay it forward:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- An elevator pitch for your blog?
- If you could have a conversation with anyone (real or fictional) from any time, who would you choose and why?
- If you had a theme tune, what song would you pick and why?
- Where is your happy place?
- Who would you most like to go for a run/cycle/workout with?
- Flying or invisibility?
- If you could learn one new skill, what would you choose and why?
- What do you want to achieve in 2018?
- What made you smile today?
One of my favourite things about blogging is the chance to engage with others around the world and learn more about people I wouldn’t otherwise cross paths with, so answering Beth’s questions and coming up with my own has been fun. I can’t wait to read the answers…!